Find Me Art has developed, and will continue to evolve, these guidelines to best protect the Artist, the Artwork, the Hiders, the Finders, the community, and the environment. Our guidelines are created to maximize the experience and the value that each participant gets from their respective participation, while balancing and protecting the needs, safety and rights of all participants, communities, landowners and managers, and the environment.
If you're looking to increase exposure of your artwork while better connecting to your community, here's your chance! And all you need to do is gift forward some pieces of your ware on a semi-regular basis, hide them and then write the clues. We seek artists who:
- Offer a unique, one-of-a-kind style or artistic "hand" whether in clay, wood, iron, glass, paint, stone...
- Are committed to, and serious about, their craft.
- Have a small amount of spare time and materials to create the art that they want to gift forward.
- Personally believe in our mission to create stronger communities through their artwork.
- Can benefit from being on a national platform.
- Are willing to, on a reoccurring basis, gift forward one or two pieces a month.
- See this as a longer-term commitment. (Leaving one piece and then exiting the movement isn't what we're really looking for.)
- Are okay with potentially being more in the "public eye".
- Would benefit from having their own BLOG on our website.
- Are willing to promote the mission of Find Me Art and follow the Guidelines for Art, Hiding and Clues for the artwork they created.
- Agree not to seek, indirectly encourage, or ask for payment or remuneration of any kind for their artwork gifted and/or found under our Find Me Art initiative.
Does that sound like you? Hopefully, yes. If so, then we ask that you take a hard look at who we are and then decide if this is part of your calling - to be an artist, a neighbor, and a community member. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Community studios and consortiums may not participate as a group. Those artists must register individually.
- All Artists need to register on the website, providing e-mail address and mailing address which will only be used to mail you Find Me Art cards, tags, and stickers. Rest assured; all contact information will be kept private.
- On the registration page, please indicate if you want us to create a BLOG for you and your studio.
- Select from your inventory, or create new works that you want to gift forward.
Because we want people to see and identify your wrapped artwork as part of their treasure hunt, and to know it's now theirs (and not assume it's a dangerous package, for example), and because we need to track all pieces so as to mark them as "found", Find Me Art artwork needs to be consistently packaged to ensure ease of identification and protection from the elements. When packaging, always take weather into consideration if you want to hide your art outside. Minimally:
- Put a Find Me Art business card (provided to you by us at no cost) in, or attached to, your artwork.
- Optionally, add one of your studio or art-focused business cards for increased exposure.
- Next, we suggest you wrap your art in a burlap material, tied at the top with rope such as jute.
- *** Find Me Art hang tags will be provided to you by us at no cost. Write the Artwork Tag Number on the tag in the write box. This is a unique, identifying number that you create using your 3 initials and followed by 4 numbers (such as GRF1257 or TAT3554). When found, this number is what the Finders will enter on their post in order to link their "find" to that specific piece of artwork so we can mark the clue as "closed".
- Securely attach the Find Me Art hang tag to your artwork (for example, you can tie it to the jute from Step #3 above).
- And then weather-protect it. We suggest wrapping the artwork in clear plastic bag (reusable if at all possible) or placing it in a heavy zip lock bag. Whatever you use, seal it tightly. Ideally, when done, a person can see the Find Me Art hang tag under the plastic.
- *** Finally, stick the 3" round Find Me Art sticker on the side of your piece (again provided by us at no cost to you). This needs to be in clear view.
If you want to box or tube your artwork, that's fine, but always follow the guidelines for using Find Me Art cards and tags, with a sticker on the outside.
- Hide your artwork after reading Guidelines for Hiding. Not at all difficult, but we have some lessons learned that we would like to share with you in the Guidelines.
- And the last step is to write and post your clue (or clues) on the Clues Board. Yeah, we have Guidelines and suggestions for that as well, so read Guidelines for Clues.
If you have the artwork but no time to spare for hiding and creating Clues (although, in truth, that's a large part of the fun of it), we even make that part easy; you can bring in a volunteer "Hider." Good chance this might be a friend of family member who simply wants to be involved. If no one comes to mind, just look at the Hiders List on our website to see who is volunteering in your area, and then send them an email asking for their help. They will pick up your artwork, hide it (photographing the placement for you), send you the pictures and post the Clues.
Create Your Own Blog - Our Thank You
We deeply appreciate your participation and support of Find Me Art. By gifting your talents and your art forward, you make this possible for so much to happen, for so many connections to be made. As our thanks, we would like to provide you with a personal BLOG (one per Artist or studio. When you register, just let us know if you want your own BLOG, and we'll set it up. Your posts do not have to be related to Find Me Art specifically, but it would be logical to keep the primary focus on art (yours or others), your artistic journey, philanthropy in general, etc. Basically, you can use your BLOG as your platform to shout out about your studio, your art, your galleries, etc. Our only steadfast rule is that BLOGS can't be used for illegal activities, and no political or religious discourses or socially aggressive posts are permitted.
Find Me Art, Inc, its officers, and volunteers are not, in any way, responsible for your artwork or the placement, finding, or subsequent use of your artwork.